Sunday, September 12, 2010

Life in Samoa?

Not much time for a post today. It's been a busy weekend, with a very successful garage sale completed. I'm pooped and estimate that I hauled at least 750 lbs of books and other assorted treasures out to the garage/drive-way. Thankfully, most of the stuff is sold and the rest will be picked up tomorrow.

I was excited this morning to get a Facebook friend request from Blakey, Samoa Group 81. I've been seeing her photos and reading about her in blogs. She seems to be radiant and optimistic and having her "friend" me is as exciting as if Oprah decided to give me a call. I felt the same when I got an email from Group 81 Matt. Okay, so I'm a bit star struck about Group 81. Can't wait to meet the whole group and hear about their experiences.

Found some video on YouTube.com that I really enjoyed. I think it may give a fairly accurate picture of some aspects of village life in Samoa. It's a BBC show by Ray Mears. Enjoy...

Life in Savaii - Part I
Life in Savaii - Part II
Life in Savaii - Part III

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see that the garage sale went well. Time is flying by, and soon you will be off. Our time on Nantucket is flying by too. I suppose that Nantucket is very different than Samoa! It is an island!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this video on BBC I have watched it twice! haha got to love utube! the videos of the 81 and 82 fiafia were hilarious! especially because you can recognise a few of them. P.s. totally with you on the starstruck ahah

    ReplyDelete