![]() |
| These birds are everywhere, including sitting on cars in the parking lot. |
![]() |
| One of the 4 parking lots. It was only 8:00 a.m. |
![]() |
| There were a lot of people there but the market is held at the fair grounds so there's lots of room. |
![]() |
| I missed good old southern barbecue in Asia. BBQ for breakfast? Why not? |
![]() |
| Mushrooms were better quality and about 1/2 the price of what they were selling in the local grocery stores. |
![]() |
| Lots of beets and other root vegetables. I had a great conversation with a guy who was asking how to cook beets. |
![]() |
| Red cherry tomatoes in the grocery store are almost $4 for a container. They'd be about a dime in Myanmar. |
![]() |
| Pomelo! Nice to know I can get it here. I still hate to peel it. |
![]() |
| Nuts anyone? |
![]() |
| Lots of nice looking soaps and lotions. |
![]() |
| They call them bacon puffs but sure looked like fried pig skin to me. |
![]() |
| I was surprised at how much corn was still available in November. One vendor had it 9 ears for $2. |
![]() |
| Tomatoes were more than half less than the grocery store but still didn't look very ripe/juicy. |
![]() |
| Peppers, on the other hand, looked great and there were lots in all colors. |
![]() |
| They fish for shrimp off the coast so we get a lot of delicious wild shrimp. I bought 3 lb for $20 from another vendor. Much cheaper than I would have paid in Mandalay. |
![]() |
| Snacks you would never see at the market in Asia. |
![]() |
| The weekly market isn't only a produce market. It's also a flea market. The beautiful weather (sunny and 82) brought out a lot of shoppers. |
![]() |
| Lots of used kitchen ware on sale. |
![]() |
| These toy cars and trucks were $.50 each. |
![]() |
| The ve |
![]() |
| I was envisioning myself rolling down the beach on this. |
![]() |
| Or maybe one of these. |
![]() |
| Not sure I like the handle bars on this one. |
![]() |
| The vendor wanted $120 for this rustic Buddha head. |
![]() |
| I was looking for dishes like this but $9? Used? |
![]() |
| Hand rolled cigars. |
![]() |
| Supposedly the hottest peppers in the world - ghost peppers. |
![]() |
| Nice way to clean out your garage. |
![]() |
| One of the many vendors selling fishing supplies. Luckily, I have a couple of rods and reels. |
![]() |
| This may be Florida but we love Hawaiian shirts. |
![]() |
| Someone else bought this. I don't know what I would have done with it but I really liked it. |
![]() |
| I do not need this stuff but so pretty with the sun shining on it. |
![]() |
| This isn't a bird house, it's a bird mansion! |
![]() |
| This is one of the saddest Christmas trees I've ever seen. |



































No comments:
Post a Comment