Sunday, November 9, 2025

Sunday, November 9, 2025 - Back in Florida!

 I woke up at 4:30 a.m.  Well, and midnight, 2 a.m., etc.  Always when I travel.  Annoying but whatever, I'm almost home.

There will be 10 ships in Miami port today.  That's a LOT, so I anticipate delays getting off, getting Uber but once I'm on the Brightline train, it should be smooth sailing, so to speak.

I'm scheduled to get off the ship at 8:15 and my train leaves at 12:15, so even if there are delays getting off, I should be good.  I'm even (silly me) hopeful that I can get an earlier train.  It's a 3.5 hour trip to Orlando.  Then a 45 minute Uber to drop my bags then 10 minutes to Buddy.  

I'm sad to be getting off but happy to be getting home.

There's only one glitch.  Somehow, while sitting in the hammock yesterday morning, my knee popped out of its socket.  Took both hands to shove it back to "normal".  Painful but mostly surprising.  I tried to bend my knee to get up and it wouldn't bend because the joint was out.  I walked on it some yesterday but took it easy.  Took one of my magical steroid pills (Prednizone) and it was fine for sleeping last night and I can walk on it.  And, since I never know when a joint will blow up from arthritis, I brought a cane, so I should be good until I can get home and call the doctor tomorrow.  Seriously, I thought I'd gotten past the Barcelona curse - the first time in port there I broke the same leg that has the knee issue now.  Second time, I got Covid.

Now, I'm off to shower and make sure I left a set of clothes to wear getting off the ship and didn't put everything in the luggage I set outside my cabin last night.

Thanks for reading along on my most excellent birthday cruise.  It's been fun.  Now, back to my equally enjoyable life.  I've got ceramics on Wednesday and am booked to go fishing in Daytona on Friday.  And in-between will be snuggling Buddy and giving him all the treats he missed while I was gone.

I'm home now.  Unpacked and happily settled in.  I stood in a lot of lines yesterday but Uber in Miami was on my side and I was able to catch the 10:00 a.m. Brightline.

I'm confident Virgin is still reading and wanting to meet my every need.  So Mr. Branson/Virgin Execs - my friend R. in Edmonton bought a lottery ticket.  Only for $25,000,000 but that would be lovely if you can arrange for his ticket to win.  He also takes Zelle.  Me, too, for that matter.  Thanks, in advance!

Photos!











No comments:

Post a Comment