Tuesday, October 21, 2025

October 22 - Orlando - Paris - Barcelona

Barcelona, Valencia, Casablanca, Las Palmas and 9 glorious days at sea before arriving in Miami.

I'm humming Willie Nelson as I triple check my packing list, because, yup, I'm on the road again.  It's not the first trip since Cartagena.  Over the summer I had fun visiting friends in South Carolina and Connecticut.  But this is my first international trip since February.

In Cartagena, Roland and I had fun trying to figure out how I should celebrate my 75th birthday.  I usually just go to the beach and enjoy a quiet birthday with a good dinner.  But "decade" birthdays were special.  I celebrated turning 50 by taking a cruise around the world.  To celebrate 60, I joined Peace Corps.  For 70, I did another world cruise which had the added excitement of being in the middle of the world-wide Covid outbreak.

Somebody asked me what I was planning for 80 and that's when I realized that if I only celebrate "decade" birthdays" I won't be having that many more celebrations.  Roland and I had great fun tossing around ideas but didn't pin anything down.   So when I saw the Virgin Voyages transatlantic cruise on sale I didn't hesitate.

I'm flying to Barcelona, will relax there for a few days then head on the 14 day cruise on Sunday.  To kick off the birthday celebration in Barcelona, I have reservations at Caelis for lunch.   

The only downside of this trip is leaving Buddy home.  But he has a second home nearby with a couple have kept him many times before and who have a dog Bud's size, who ADORES Buddy.  He gets lots of walks and love and will be fine.


1 comment:

  1. I don't know how you have the energy to post long newsy note after A red eyed trip, all I ever wanted to do was pass out. Not only the actual traveling and packing ahead of time and unforeseen problems along the way, but the time change all by itself---food,sleep--!! I'm amazed you had the time and energy to send us this. There were several things I wanted to comment on but one was that giant jar of olives in the little room refrigerator for you. Looking forward to reading about your Michelin meal.

    ReplyDelete