More catching up from the first few days. Photos!
 |
| Dinner on Sunday was Razzle Dazzle, Monday evening I got "take away" from the "Not Lido", called the Galley on Virgin. I tried the brownie and this cheesecake mousse pumpkin that was awesome. |
 |
| To balance the desserts, I got the take away roasted chicken salad. Very fresh and tasty. But why so much dill in the ranch dressing? |
 |
| Leaving Valencia, Spain. |
 |
| Lots of freighters, waiting their turn at the docks, I assume. |
 |
| How I spent much of my day. |
 |
| This boat came in to dock while we were still at anchor. |
 |
| View of Valencia from the hammock. |
 |
| Another macaron. With eyes! |
 |
| So many dessert choices. |
 |
| Tasty and beautifully presented. |
 |
| Free coffee/tea station. |
 |
| One option for seating in the Galley. |
 |
| In the seating above, you get power! |
 |
| Wild fires near Valencia. |
 |
| I tried some excellent tacos for lunch while we docked in Valencia. Al Pastor (tasty!) and fried avocado taco, which I'd heard raves about. I preferred the al pastor. |
 |
| And...back to the hammock. In my defense, when I wasn't playing lizard in a hammock, I was walking. Admittedly, mostly walking to get food but still...I can tell my cardiologist I got my steps in each day. |
 |
| Cute marketing from Virgin, left in my cabin. BTW, did I mention that they don't make public announcements? Except safety stuff, like crew drills. Thumbs up for that. |
 |
| These are the "restaurants" and their menus in the Galley. It's a nice mix. But geared toward 4-5 days cruises, with the limited menus. |
 |
| You can rent private cabanas. |
 |
| Does that seat scream..."Come lounge and be comfortable while enjoying the view" to you? The park bench thing on the left I get. It appears...functional. The thing it's attached to? I get that I'm old but who wants to lounge on that? |
 |
| Nope, I don't want to lounge facing other loungers with a walkway in the middle. Young people - explain to me how this appeals, please! |
 |
At least with this I think I get it. You're with your besties, want some sun and are really tired/drunk. But there is no padding??
|
 |
| Good use for that bench! |
 |
| My confusion with seating options continued. Looks very Las Vegas to me. And not at all comfortable. |
 |
| One of the outdoor bars. |
 |
| More seating that I just don't get. |
 |
| And there are multiple hot tubs. |
 |
| Of all the seating, these I understand! Sitting, swinging - fun! Getting off, breaking a hip...that's why I didn't try it. But I plan to at some point. |
 |
| Pickleball and basketball are popular. |
 |
| Does this scream "Come relax on me!" to you? |
 |
| I've gotta go up here tomorrow while we're at sea so I can see if/how people actually use these..seats? Beds? Pasta strainers for giants? LOL, if I tried them, I might love them as much as the hammock. |
 |
| Leaving Valencia. |
 |
| More spots for outdoor lounging. |
 |
| There are also workout stations around the deck. |
 |
| With boxing bags/rings so you can get your aggression out while getting fit. |
 |
| This is a swimming pool. Not to brag but I think my pool at home is a bit bigger. |
 |
| In the Galley, you can order from the counter and they give you a vibrating hockey puck to let you know when your food is ready. OR, you can scan/order from your table and a friendly crew member will serve you. |
 |
| My breakfast on Monday and Tuesday was this overnight oat dish with fruit in the "grab and go" section of the Galley. |
 |
| I'm a fan of the sealed take away containers. Plus, there's an empty mini-fridge in the cabin if you care to stock up. |
 |
| Valencia, Spain. |
 |
| Outdoor seating near The Galley. |
 |
| The grab and go fridge. |
 |
| They have different options for breakfast, lunch and dinner. |
 |
| Lounges by the pool and hot tub. |
 |
| There is another, slightly larger pool. This one is small. |
 |
| Can't argue with that! |
 |
| More interesting seating. |
days...
No comments:
Post a Comment