Saturday, November 1, 2025

October 31, 2025 - Halloween on the Resilient Lady

 This entire week is Halloween themed, so not surprisingly, there were costumes and parties.  I knew I'd never stay up late enough for the actual party, which started at 10:00 p.m. but I really wanted to see the costumes.  There were prizes in a variety of categories, with the Grand Prize of a free cruise.  I was snoring by the time they announced the prizes at 11 p.m., but really enjoyed the costumes.

Apologies for the poor photos but there were a LOT of people milling about.

Photos!

Sadly, before sail away and the party, a passenger left the ship in an ambulance.  Better than having to be evacuated once we're crossing the Atlantic.  I hope she's ok.

It was great fun seeing people in costumes all around the ship.


Hard to tell from this angle but he's a hot dog.


We were among the first to arrive.  Within minutes, the place was SRO.

The judging area being prepared.

Even the lounge performer got into it.

Sailors!


This is not Holland America.

The Happenings Cast provided free makeup!  All the face sparkles you could hope for.  There's no cruise director on board.  Instead, they have 8 or 10 folks with different specialties who lead activities around the ship.  I love the concept.





















Dinner was popcorn and a brownie.

I found Waldo!






A team of crayons.






Did you know that desserts have no calories when eaten while looking at the Sea?




And, we're off.  The next port is Miami after eight sea days.  Hoping for smooth seas and no hurricanes.


1 comment:

  1. Talk about people really getting into the theme. What a way to celebrate your birthday!!

    ReplyDelete