Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Now at 68 Countries

I'm happy to be in my 68th country, although right now, I'm pooped.  I'll be adding a lot more photos tomorrow of this beautiful place, Siem Reap, Cambodia.

Here are just a few...
Dinner when I arrived in Bangkok?  Oysters, smoked salmon, salad and garlic toast from Gourmet Market.  Deelicious!

Cooking class in Siem Reap, Cambodia.

First course, green mango salad.  Delicious but because I'd started having belly issues the night before, I only had a small taste of everything.

Fish amok - Cambodia's national dish.  Sort of a curry, made with turmeric and coconut cream.  A winner.

Dessert was rice flour mixed with water and formed into balls, with a piece of jaggery in the center.  Not sure I'd make it again.

We visited a local house in the village where the cooking class was.  This is their kitchen.  Looks VERY much like a Samoan uma kuka!

Angkor wat.  Just one of the many temples, buidlings in the huge Angkor complex.

Me, standing in the passageway that the king who built Angkor Wat used.  The passage for commoners is in the background.  Over 1,000 years old.

Love the look.  Local kids.

Angkor Thom.

My transport.  Few things make me happier than a day spent riding around in a tuk tuk.


Icy cold niu or whatever they call a young coconut in Cambodia.

Looks like a root waterfall.  This tree is over 300 years old.

Just one of the myriad of carving in the sandstone temples.

The temples are large.

Can you feel the humidity?

A well deserved lunch from Viva Cafe, back in Siem Reap.

No comments:

Post a Comment