Saturday, May 5, 2018

It's a Wonderful Life

It's a family tradition to have a jigsaw puzzle in progress in the house.  I'll go for years without one then get addicted.  I finished this one yesterday and will be buying a new one today.

I woke up yesterday contemplating the question of the day - should I try out my new MoviePass and see a movie or go to the beach?  Or, perhaps both?  As I was brushing my teeth and contemplating the question at hand I realized, once again, what an amazing life I have.

Aside from the minor aches and pains that come with a well-lived life, I am very healthy.  I am not rich but have a wonderful home and enough money to cover expenses and have the occasional adventure.  I have friends I love dearly and who add so much to my life.  I am incredibly blessed.

What did I decide?  Movie!  After taking care of a few household chores, I headed for the Lake Mary Amstar Theater to see "A Quiet Place".  I'm not a big fan of horror films.  When I see a monster is one of the stars, I move on.  But I'd heard so many positives about this film I decided to try it.

I also was trying my new MoviePass account.  I parked and pulled up the MP app on my phone.  One touch and I had checked into the time/movie I wanted.  I presented my MP card at the ticket booth and was given the appropriate movie ticket, with a smile.  The MP account is $9.95 a month and allows me to see a different movie every day.  The senior discount rate for the movie was $11.50.  I'm already ahead of the game for the month.

There were only two of us in the movie theater.  It was cool and quiet.  And, they'd upgraded the theater since I was there last to recliner seats.  Very comfortable.
Reclining seats!

With only two of us in the theater and a recliner, it was ideal for watching a movie.

The movie was excellent.  I won't give details but it did what thrillers are meant to do.  I found myself holding my breath as the movie progressed.  Think "Wait Until Dark", "Play Misty For Me", "Psycho" and "The Birds".   I think this will be a classic.

After running a couple of errands on my way home, I puttered around the house for awhile.  Then I stopped at the kitchen table because I saw a piece of the jigsaw puzzle that needed to be placed.  The next thing I knew, two hours had passed and the puzzle was done.

I really do have a wonderful life.


No comments:

Post a Comment