Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Back to Work

I hope you enjoyed the long weekend.  I did, although it didn't work out exactly as I'd planned.

We ended up working all day Friday and then I did a bit of shopping/sight seeing on Saturday with the folks who'd come to do a year-end evaluation of the program.  After dropping them at the bus at 2:00 p.m. on Saturday, I headed home, planning to do some Skyping and blogging.

Clearly, I hadn't read the paper, so didn't know that extensive power outages had been scheduled for the holiday weekend so that maintenance could be done.  No computer, no television, no stove, but I had a good book so spent my time reading.  And getting a massage.  Life is tough.

I'm still enjoying Blantyre.  The weather is ideal - think San Diego - not too hot, not too cold.  And now that the major training is done I'm feeling much less pressure, although I still have a full plate at work.

Off to take my malaria pill and head to work.  Another beautiful day in Malawi.

No comments:

Post a Comment