Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Another Farmers' Market

This market isn't the same as the ones I've been loving in S. E. Asia because this one is close to home in Florida.  I hope you enjoy the photos.

These birds are everywhere, including sitting on cars in the parking lot.

One of the 4 parking lots.  It was only 8:00 a.m.

There were a lot of people there but the market is held at the fair grounds so there's lots of room.

I missed good old southern barbecue in Asia.  BBQ for breakfast?  Why not?

Mushrooms were better quality and about 1/2 the price of what they were selling in the local grocery stores.

Lots of beets and other root vegetables.  I had a great conversation with a guy who was asking how to cook beets.

Red cherry tomatoes in the grocery store are almost $4 for a container.  They'd be about a dime in Myanmar.

Pomelo!  Nice to know I can get it here.  I still hate to peel it.

Nuts anyone?

Lots of nice looking soaps and lotions.


They call them bacon puffs but sure looked like fried pig skin to me.


I was surprised at how much corn was still available in November.  One vendor had it 9 ears for $2.

Tomatoes were more than half less than the grocery store but still didn't look very ripe/juicy.

Peppers, on the other hand, looked great and there were lots in all colors.

They fish for shrimp off the coast so we get a lot of delicious wild shrimp.  I bought 3 lb for $20 from another vendor.  Much cheaper than I would have paid in Mandalay.

Snacks you would never see at the market in Asia.

The weekly market isn't only a produce market.  It's also a flea market.  The beautiful weather (sunny and 82) brought out a lot of shoppers.

Lots of used kitchen ware on sale.

These toy cars and trucks were $.50 each. 

The ve

I was envisioning myself rolling down the beach on this.

Or maybe one of these.

Not sure I like the handle bars on this one.

The vendor wanted $120 for this rustic Buddha head.

I was looking for dishes like this but $9?  Used?

Hand rolled cigars.

Supposedly the hottest peppers in the world - ghost peppers.

Nice way to clean out your garage.

One of the many vendors selling fishing supplies.  Luckily, I have a couple of rods and reels.

This may be Florida but we love Hawaiian shirts.

Someone else bought this.  I don't know what I would have done with it but I really liked it.

I do not need this stuff but so pretty with the sun shining on it.

This isn't a bird house, it's a bird mansion!


This is one of the saddest Christmas trees I've ever seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment