Sunday, December 24, 2023

It Is Christmas Eve! Let the Packing Commence

 Like Santa, I've been checking my list.  Not for who's naughty or nice.  But for what I need to take for a two month trip.  Packing should be easy but I obsess over it.  I need to dress for weather that will range from equatorial to frigid (Japan is cold in February).  I'll be swimming, dancing and dining in fancy places so need clothes for all that.  And, I need the small things that make a cruise easier or just more fun.

Here are some examples of the incidentals I take on a cruise:

Thanks to my brilliant friend Heidi, I take a doorstop.  Why?  Ever done that awkward dance at the door with a room steward carrying a giant tray of food and a pitcher of boiling water?  This six dollar item allows me to just pull open the door and prop it open.  Fast and easy.  It makes the stewards smile every time they don't have to juggle that heavy tray.



I have a bedtime routine that involves LED candles.  I take just one small one for my cabin which adds to the ambiance.  




Normally, I miss having a variety of music on a cruise.  Not this time!  I'll be taking my small speaker and will have Star Link WIFI so I can enjoy Amazon Music.  And podcasts.
There's more but I've procrastinated long enough.  Off to pack!

1 comment:

  1. The door stop is the most brilliant idea, the dance with the attendant is always so awkward.

    ReplyDelete