Wednesday, October 9, 2024

October 9 - Nighttime

 I had a technical problem with the last page and do not currently have the patience to go in and find the offending code.  

In other news, I believe that Buddy and I have had an enormous breakthrough in communication.  Today, on three different occasions, I pointed to something and he actually looked toward where I was pointing instead of just staring at my finger.  

9:30 p.m.  I'll be heading to bed soon to read.  And, hopefully, sleep.  Last night I woke up every hour to listen to the silence.  Tonight will be the rain and wind.  We're currently getting tropical storm level winds.  

Buddy is finally calming down a bit. He demolished a chew bone in one sitting.  It usually takes him a month. And, he missed his pre-dinner nap; post-dinner nap and pre-bed nap.  I hope he sleeps well tonight.

I'm hoping to sleep through the night but realistically, I'll be adding to this post throughout the night. Sweet dreams, everyone.

More comfort food for dinner - meatloaf, baked new potatoes and super veggie salad.  At least I ate something green.  And, there's a plan.  If I lose power, I'll still enjoy the leftovers cold.

10:10 p.m.  Big news!  Buddy peed!  And pooped!  This is what my life has come to.  I have a lovely fenced yard but when conditions aren't optimal Bud refuses to do his thing without my presence.  This was the third time tonight I got to stand in the wind and pouring rain but at least he did more than sniff at nonexistent lizards.  Now, I'm off to blow dry my hair before bed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment