Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Progress!

I'm very excited to report that just 10 days after sending in my stack of medical and dental paperwork, I got news today from the Peace Corps. Seems Dr. Rogers and his stellar staff did an excellent job on the paperwork because I've received dental clearance. Shockingly fast, since it typically takes over a month after the paperwork is received.

The next steps in the process are to have the medical review completed, as well as finalizing the legal review. Then, a placement officer will review my resume and make a final determination on where I'll be assigned. I'll be consulted on that and then a formal invitation will be sent, letting me know which country and my departure date.

Other exciting news this week is that I went to my friend's Ralph and Mary Lou's for dinner Monday night. We had pizza delivered. The big deal was that they had closed on their beautiful new home in Mt. Dora just hours earlier. A certain irony that just about the time they'll be moving to Florida, I'll be heading out to the PC.

My fingers (and toes) are crossed that things continue to move quickly. In the meantime, I'm working and enjoying the perfect Florida weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment