Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanks, Danny's Mom!

I hit the mother lode with four packages last week.  Thanks to Gail and Bob, Donna, Mary Lou and Ralph and Linda for the great loot!  A wonderful mixture of stuff I can use at the school along with some treats for me, which I'm sharing with my training village folks, including my host sister, Fuafa.

I had mentioned macaroni and cheese in a previous blog and man, it has paid off.  Linda sent an entire box, filled with boxes of Kraft Macaroni and Cheese - delicious and hysterical!  We're eating some now (Fuafa loves it as much as I do), sharing some and I'll be taking some to Savaii for those days when I need a touch of home.

Most surprising was when Danny brought me two boxes of mac and cheese from Trader Joe's and said "These are from my mom."  So thoughtful and very much appreciated!  Danny's mom, I appreciate the food, but even more, I appreciate the chance to spend time with your son. 

Danny's a young college graduate with a passion for travel and giving of himself.  He lived in Argentina during study abroad and we've talked about Buenos Aires, where I've also spent some time.  He's also been patient when I try to talk with him in my bad Spanish.

Danny is behaving in a way that would make you proud, Danny's mom.  His sense of humor and mature perspective make him a pleasure to be around, and popular with Pisi Koas and locals alike.

Yes, I've heard he enjoys the occasional Vailima, but is acting responsibly.

Good job parenting, Danny's mom!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving and thanks for the update. I wonder how the story of the Pilgrims translates?
    I have a vision of you with bowls of Mac and Cheese! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy,
    Thanks for making me famous and for the nice things you said about my son. Hopefully it wasn't just the mac and cheese going to your head:)
    Danny's mom (who will be glad to send more)
    PS Good luck; all the "mature" women are rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete