Friday, January 6, 2017

Back on the Road - 2017 Will Be a Year of Travel

2016 was a year of nesting.  I slept in my own bed more nights in 2016 than in any of the years since I bought the house in 1994.  It was great.  I remodeled, relaxed and enjoyed a lot of "pajama days".  Those are the lazy days when you don't have to go out, can read as much as you want and basically be a sloth.  I LOVE pajama days.

2017 is going to be a different story, though.  I want to tell you about the most amazing Christmas gift I've ever received.

My dear friend Kyle, who I met when we both served in the Peace Corps in Samoa is now a flight attendant for United.  For Christmas he gave me a pass to fly on United during 2017.  Anywhere they fly.  As often as I'd like.  It's standby and I'll be paying the taxes but seriously, can you imagine a better gift for someone who loves to travel?  Some of the trips Kyle and I will take together.  Others, I'll be on my own.  I've already started my dream list of destinations.  World, here I come!  Thanks, Kyle.
Kyle Kincaid, my very generous friend who is enabling my travel habit.



No comments:

Post a Comment