Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Farewell Tour Continues...

I haven't written many posts because there's not a lot new to report. Every few days someone will ask "Have they confirmed where you're going?" and sadly, the answer is always "No." I guess I could post progress each day: "Checked my application status on line. No progress." Scintillating prose.

I figure I'll be patient until June 1 and then give my recruiter in Atlanta a call to see if she can get someone to dust off my app. If they don't get moving soon, I'm concerned that there won't be time to get me medically cleared ( a notoriously long process) to meet the nomination date/sites of early September/Pacific Islands. It feels as if it's been Christmas Eve for months. I'm ready for the anticipation to be over.

So, in the meantime, I enjoyed another road trip. This time, to Tampa, to enjoy a picnic with friends Nan and Pat. We hadn't gotten together for a really long time, plus it was Pat's birthday, so it was a great day. Nan and I both love to cook and try new recipes, so when we picnic there are no hot dogs involved. For the birthday celebration there was a chilled peanut Thai noodle salad, fruit salad and homemade carrot cake, complete with birthday candle.

The view was spectacular, the weather breezy but comfortably cool and the conversation excellent. Lots of reminiscing about the work we did together as well as lots of talk about the futures all of us are planning. Bonus, they're the only people I've found so far who are willing to try Zoom Air with me. http://www.zoomair.us/ Pat had foot surgery the day after our picnic, so she won't be able to give it a try for awhile, but we'll make it happen.

The next stop on the tour is Detroit. I'm hoping that I'm there the weekend they have summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment