Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Application Status Update

Application Status Update: that's what every PC nominee wants to see as a new email subject. Finally, there's progress on my application! I wanted to savor the moment, so took a deep breath and slowly logged into the PC site, so I could read the exciting update.

Glad I didn't call friends so that they could join me in celebrating. It would have been a bit embarrassing. The update is that now, in addition to having a legal hold on my account, there's also a medical hold. In a way, that's good news, since it means that someone in D.C. is reviewing my medical file.

Since I'd actually heard that was happening from my recruiter, it was a bit anticlimactic. She'd also told me that I'd cleared the legal review.

So the update is old news. But it really doesn't matter, since every day I know that progress is being made. Perhaps not as quickly or transparently as I'd like, but things are moving forward.

My recruiter didn't lie when she said the application process would give me a chance to practice the patience I'd need for my time in the PC.

In the meantime...

While I'm home, practicing being patient, I love to hang out at Black Hammock on Lake Jessup. I drag everyone who visits me there for an air boat ride and a cold beer. The sunsets are spectacular.

1 comment:

  1. You have the patience of Job! Wish I was there to hang out at Black Hammock on Lake Jessup and slup down an iced tea. I'm so happy that you got news that confirms the process is moving forward. That's great! I need to visit your blog more often to keep up. All is well here. I'm longing to do something meaningful...and wild...and freeing from the day to day routine, but am a bit stuck right now. Dad is my priority and I'm treasuring our time together. Take care. I'll check in again soon.

    ReplyDelete