Saturday, April 30, 2011

Savaii

We took 2 days to drive around Savaii.  You could do it in a day, although it would be a long drive.  It's a beautiful island.  I'm biased, but am happy to be where I am.  Beautiful lagoon and a great swimming beach, plus only 45 minutes from the wharf, post office and groceries.  I have the best of all worlds, living in the "suburbs" of a rural island. I hope these photos make up for all the whining I've done.  I'm a lucky, lucky woman.

Hope you enjoy the photos...
The road trip crew - Pat, PCV; John RPCV who had the car; me; Lilly PCV who we joined for lunch and Chelsea, PCV and my BFF and former roommate
BFF in the lava fields



BFF swimming with the sea turtles.  She smiled the whole time. $5 for the experience, BTW.


Guess how many times I hit my head going into my room at Vai Moana (stellar place!)  My butt is not that big.  It's a shadow.  I swear.


Outdoor shower at Vai Moana.  Instead of shower head, water came out of holes in overhead bamboo.  Waves were about 2 feet past the far wall.  Did I enjoy my late night shower there?  You bet.


Pat's fale - remote and rustic.  I'd be happy with the fale but would hate no indoor running water.


Western side of the island.  No sheltering lagoon.



"Lover's leap" 


The honeymoon suite at a resort on the west side.  Can't remember the name but when I find out I'll let you know.  We had lunch there and it was great.  Room is $85 tala a night.  About $40 USD.


Blow holes.  My personal favorite stop.  I'll be posting video of a coconut being shot hundreds of feet into the air.  You can hear me screaming with glee in the background.  


What's a tropical island without a waterfall?  That's my BFF



No comments:

Post a Comment