Friday, February 3, 2012

More Savaii Photos

I'm having some technical difficulties so these are a bit out of order.  Hope you enjoy them anyway.
I rearranged my furniture.  Less of a challenge to put up my mosquito net every night.

During MSC our country director invited us to his home for dinner.  His wife made this phenomenal feast of Asian dishes, followed by the best tiramisu I've ever eaten. 

Saying goodby to a family I love was tough.  It was also 4 a.m.  They're now in Armenia where Denise continues to work for the PC.  I miss you!

We went to the blowholes.  I love blowholes.  I started going to them in Mexico when I was a kid, on family vacations.

See why I like Samoan dancing?  This was our waiter/bartender/dancer.

It wasn't all vacation.  This was back in Upolo at our Mid Service Conference.  Two of my favorite PC staffers - on the left, Maria and on the right Mafi.

We were asked to wear professional attire to the conference, since the meeting was held on the top floor of a bank in Apia.  This is the great view of the capital city from the tallest building in the city.

We spent the evening with this group of really friendly and fun Australians.

This is the boat we took our snorkeling trip in.  Nice water, don't you think?

Dinner is included in the price of the room at Va i Moana (so is breakfast).  They follow the Samoan tradition of making sure everyone has plenty of food.  That's chicken, pasta carbonara, carrots and cooked cucumber, garlic toast and potato salad.  It was delicious.

View from the Savaiian Hotel which is another one of my favorites.  It's located near my village, in a village called Lalomalava.  Those are the islands of Manono and Apolima in the background.  Both part of Samoa.



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful photos of your wonderful part of this world. Your captions added to the enjoyment of seeing them.
    Please continue posting, I enjoy your writing style as much as the content!

    ReplyDelete