Thursday, December 27, 2012

Brenda Ellrodt

I had a great holiday in Boston. I'll fill you in on that later. Sadly, when I logged in to the internet tonight, I found out that my friend and accountant of 19 years had passed away.

 She was only 54 and we'd planned to get together for Mexican food next week. A reminder to not put off what we want to do.

 Brenda had kicked cancer's butt before and come back to work long hours and continue to love and spoil her family. She was a smart, funny, caring woman.

 I met her through my brother in 1994. I hope they're reconnecting now, in a way that we may not understand.

 To Brenda's family - she talked about you often and so loved you. I can only imagine how you'll miss her humor, caring and presence. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

3 comments:

  1. I loved Brenda, she always took time to catch up and talk about our familys.
    Her voice and loving personality will stay with me always, Thank you for posting this on the internet,I was hoping I would find a place to share my thoughts.
    Brenda was very special I loved her dearly..
    Peggy slage

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see this about Brenda. I've known her for over 20 yrs since she lived in Winter Park. She advised and helped me through my divorce and I called her many time for advice. She so loved her son and husband and we talked and laughed at all the quirks in life. She will be missed tremendously. Thank you again for posting this blog. Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brenda married my husband and I many years ago. She was fantastically funny, calm, insightful, and a hell of an accountant. My family is saddened at the news of her passing. The world is dimmer because she left it. Heather Scussel Schaeffer

    ReplyDelete