Thursday, January 10, 2013

Technology

I've never been the queen of technology.  I can use a computer for more than internet and email and have been my own help department on computer issues for years.  Not cutting edge but I get by.

But telephone and tablet technology passed me by over the past two years.  I've been working on catching up.  I know now that an Android was not a character in Star Wars.  I'm up on the basics but the application still sometimes fails me.

Like today, for example.  I talked to a young (high school age) woman who responded to my add on freecycle.org to give away all the packing boxes I used.  As I started to give her directions to my house , she asked me to just give her my address and she could use the GPS on her phone.  Duh.  The duh was implied on her part.

How things have changed.  I don't know any of my best friends' phone numbers because I just depend on my phone.  Basic math is a challenge because I've used a calculator for years.  As bad as I am, I had to laugh when I was at dinner a few years ago with some very smart friends who whipped out their phones to calculate a 20% tip on a $100 meal.


1 comment:

  1. You've made some really good points there. I looked on the
    web to find out more about the issue and
    found most individuals will go along with your views on this web site.


    Feel free to visit my blog post :: eye wrinkle

    ReplyDelete