Thursday, January 3, 2019

Given Multiple Good Choices...Or How I Ended Up With Enough Food for a Village

Dinner included, from the top right - guacamole and totopos (chips), flour tortillas, queso flameado con rajas (melted cheese with roasted poblano chiles), rolled tacos with chicken (which came with beans and guacamole), two kinds of red salsa, grated cheese and sour cream.
My friend Heidi believes in making decisions easy.  If there are multiple good choices, don't choose - take them all.  That's the approach I used for my room service dinner last night.  I figured three appetizers would be ok, right?

The young man delivering the food seemed to be struggling to carry the tray when he brought it over to the table in my room.  After he left and I tried to move the tray I understood why.  I'd inadvertently ordered about 50 pounds of food and the dishes were heavy, too.

Here's what you can get for $12 from room service:
Who knew the rolled tacos came with sides?  Wouldn't have ordered the guacamole.

I'm guessing there were at least 4-6 avocados in the guac, which was delicious but I ate literally one bite because I ate the side that came with the tacos.


Seems their idea of queso flameado is to melt about a pound of delicious cheese.  I ate a bit of the cheese and all the chiles.
It was all delicious but I felt very decadent - it was truly enough food for a full meal for 3 people.  I hated sending back most of it but I was stuffed.  Today, I'm being a bit more restrained.

No comments:

Post a Comment