I'm going to be posting lots of photos. I may not have descriptions for all, but they'll come as time permits. Bottom line, it was a wonderful day of walking around Viterbo, then visiting Roccalvecce, where I'll be moving tomorrow, for the rest of the week.
Many thanks to Matt, Lori and Eileen who've gone out of their way to make life easy for me here. And Lori - great job driving on the narrow, winding roads, with aggressive drivers everywhere.
I figured if I loaded the photos in reverse order, they'd come out in the correct order. Nope. The first photo is us having pizza in my apartment in Viterbo, which was at the end of the day.
Now, I'm going to bed but enjoy...
Photos!
 |
| Pizza for dinner in my apartment in Viterbo. |
 |
| Sunsets have been spectacular. |
 |
| Looking toward to old neighborhood in Viterbo. |
 |
| This was the start of my first visit to Roccalvecce. |
 |
| This is the town "bar". Just off the main square, there's an honor system for the drinks and snacks. |
 |
| The main square. |
 |
| That's the front of the castle, which now has private apartments that you can purchase. |
 |
| This light came with Matt and Lori's house. They hate it. I like it. What do you think? |
 |
| Decorative gnomes are VERY popular here. |
 |
| Coolest 9 year old on the planet. |
 |
| Not a great photo of Matt, opening his front door. |
 |
| Each floor has a room. Living room/Eileen's room is the top floor, which opens outside to where the car is. This is the kitchen/dining room which is on the first floor and also opens to outside. On the second floor is Matt and Lori's bedroom and the bathroom. The stairs and stone and old. If I lived there, I'd need a portapotty in the bedroom! |
 |
| Most of the furniture came with the house. |
 |
| They have a working fireplace which they use to help heat the house. |
 |
| Matt collects and sells antique books. |
 |
| View out the back from the to |
 |
| 3rd floor living room/bedroom. |
 |
| We stopped at a grocery store. The prices are great |
 |
| And there's a big variety. |
 |
| Including an entire aisle of pasta. It is Italy, after all. |
 |
| But I can't escape Mickey. |
ng some beautiful villages, including Roccalvecce, where I'll be staying for the rest of the week, starting tomorrow.
Thanks to Matt, Lori and Eileen who were splendid tour guides. Lori was a great driver on the narrow winding roads. Italian drivers here seem just a touch aggressive. I'm basing that on the number of cars who sped by us, on curves, in no passing zones.
Photos!
Love the cute, narrow streets. Snow white and her dwarfs were on the look out. The wine prices look like TJs
ReplyDelete