Friday, January 26, 2024

HUGE, EXCELLENT NEWS!

 Nope, I didn't win the lottery.  But I'm just as happy.  If you've ever been on a cruise you know it can be hell on the diet.  Unlimited food, 24/7.  And on this ship, it is really good food.  With charming, handsome men bringing it to me.

The huge, excellent news?  Since January 2, 2024 I have lost two pounds!  

I realize that two pounds is a pittance.  But the fact that I haven't GAINED 20 pounds is worth a celebration.  

That means that since January 4, 2020, when I started the world cruise, I'm down 67 pounds.  My goal is 18 pounds more.  But my doctor is happy with where I am now, so whatever.  

I'm also proud to say (partly because I'm cheap) that the formal outfit I wore last week is the same one I wore on my first world cruise in 2001.

Anybody want to join me for a cheeseburger in the Dive In for lunch?  In addition to a burger for lunch, I made an appointment for a pedicure this afternoon to celebrate.  Using a coupon from HAL.  My skinny (for me), thrifty heart is happy.

In Other News:  You may have read about my cabin steward Rony and I trying to scare each other.  He started it, waiting around a corner and scaring my socks off.  So I hid in my bathroom and got even.  The games continue!

Last night I saw him head down the hall so quietly started following him.  He started talking to me...in Indonesian, thinking I was his partner Mario. He finally got frustrated and looked back to see why "Mario" wasn't answering.  An excellent "gotcha" moment that had us both laughing.

This afternoon, the little stinker did something similar to me.  I didn't hear him and he got the reaction he was hoping for.  2-2, Rony.  Beware!

No comments:

Post a Comment