Wednesday, January 3, 2024

January 3, 2024- The Cruise has Begun!

Embarkation can be frustrating but today has been very easy.  I took an Uber from the LA Quinta to the port. Handed off my luggage then got into a short line to check in. 

Because of all the problems with Brazilian visas we had to complete a form to provide information on what stage we were in in the application process. My documents have been under review by Brazil for two weeks. 

Once checked in I was given a boarding card. I was in Priority Group 3, thanks to my 4 star status. I waited with everyone else as they began boarding. It went quickly and smoothly.  I dropped my bags at 11 a.m. and was sitting on my balcony at noon. 

Luggage arrived a couple of hours later. My friend Jolanda, who I met on the 2020 world cruise, stopped by and we headed to sail away at 4:30.  Now I've had a lovely dinner, am all unpacked it is 7:30 p.m. and


we're still at the dock. We're scheduled to be at sea for the next three days so it really doesn't matter. 

I'll add more tomorrow but I'm pooped and want to just chill. Here are some photos from my day.  In case you want to check out my cabin I'm in 4133 which seems to be a fabulous location.  

We were scheduled to leave at 430.

My cabin at night. A bit messy. 

Cheesecake for dessert.

My main was haddock, clamp, mussels and risotto 

I started with a shrimp cocktail which is in the menu every night

at 630 the dining room was half empty. They had a special steak dinner in the Lido and I suspect a lot of people went there

I was given a rose at dinner

Typical hall

One of the many pieces of art around the ship

Silverware and a view in the Lido. It was too windy for Jolanda and too cold for me outside

It was really windy and about 65.  I was wearing fleece and a coat. Those not from Florida were in t-shirts 

The view from my balcony today. I'm on the starboard (right) side of the ship








Amazing that most luggage is in the assigned cabins within 2 hours

2 comments:

  1. So excited for you to venture off on this amazing journey. Looks like it's been a great start!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bon voyage! It looks so comfy and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete