Sunday, December 12, 2010

Hi, Jenny's mom!

The house I'll be living in on Savaii, if all goes as planned.  That's a grave in the foreground.  Common to bury relatives in the front yard.

I'd like to thank everyone for their patience with my sporadic posts.  I appreciate your willingness to spend your time reading my very biased view of Peace Corps life in Samoa.

A shout out to Jenny's mom, Renee.  Jenny's doing great.  I haven't spent a lot of time with her, since we were in different training villages, but see her on center days, and now that we're all back in Apia for a week.  She's energetic, enthusiastic and clearly will be a stellar teacher.  Her sense of humor, energy and positive attitude are a pleasure to be around.  Thanks for sharing her with us.  I'm sure you miss her.

I'll be posting as often as I have time/money for.  I hit Farmer Joe's today for the first time and bought groceries so I can cook in the hotel kitchen for most of my meals this week.  Hopefully, that will give me enough of a cushion so that I can upload a lot of the photos I took over the last six weeks, plus more of my stream of consciousness blogs.

Cheers everybody - and thanks for your support!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a great way to wake up !!! I actually said to my sister-in-law last night, wierd, Nancy has not posted yet. Thank you for the nice things you said about Jenny. Yes, her dad an I miss her terribly but when we talk to her, she sounds so incredibly happy that it makes us happy. We actually got to skype last night and I was able to see her after seven long weeks on this end, it was great. She had told us that everyone passed their language exam so I was very happy for all of you. Enjoy you week semi-off and congratulations on making it to the next phase. Jenny is so excited to get to her village and I am sure you are too. Cant wait to read all about your adventures. God willing, we will be there to visit and hope we can meet. Renee

    ReplyDelete