Monday, February 24, 2020

February 24, 2020 - More From Raro

Since I still have internet for a few more hours, I figured I might as well try to post some more photos and updates.

I just came back from "sailaway" which is the party held each time we leave a port.  Usually held outdoors by the Seaview pool (deck 8 aft of the Lido restaurant).  There are drink specials, music (sometimes live) and free appetizers.  Today, it gave "Sweatin' with the oldies" a whole new connotation, given the hot, humid temperatures.

I met a woman I've seen around but never talked with.  She was sharing her experience one night in Rio and it was great to hear from a very happy, excited passenger.  We agreed that dining/dancing and hanging out with locals in impromptu events is way more fun than organized tours of museums and cathedrals. 

I also chatted with Connie, a lady I spoke with early in the cruise but haven't seen since.  She'd gone on shore to get a hair cut today.  Her take was that the $15 cut she got today was far superior to the last cut she got on the ship which cost $95.

Here are some more photos.  Be kind.


Clouds, smoke and a black sand beach.







The clouds were descending but what you're seeing near the ground is smoke.  There were a number of fires burning.  I'm guessing to burn trash.   


Some of the beaches are white, some black.

No comments:

Post a Comment