Tuesday, February 4, 2020

February 4, 2020 - Day 32 - At Sea and Ushuaia, Argentina

I'll be honest, I'm not sure what day of the week it is.  The past few days have blended together.  After a few amazing days of staring at icebergs, bergie bits, terms seals, whales and penguins we had a couple of days of being socked in by fog.  We couldn't see 100 yards past the ship.  Frankly, it was kind of nice to be able to take a nap without FOMO.

This morning the weather started cloudy and foggy but has cleared nicely as we slowly cruised past the Cape of Good Hope.  We'll dock in Ushuaia about 6 p.m. this evening and stay until 2:00 pm. tomorrow.

I won't bore you with details of what I did at sea.  I had fun, reading, playing cards, trivia, listening to the lectures, watching movies and eavesdropping.

I realized yesterday I was wearing only one earring.  I wear them almost all the time and don't take them out for showering or sleeping.  I haven't found it which is disappointing but at least if I had to lose it, it was in Antarctica.

The overall takeaway for me of this portion of the trip is that Antarctica is the most unique and breathtaking place I've ever seen.  If I ever have a chance to come back, I will.  If you've been to Alaska and were awed, you need to come to Antarctica.  It is so enormous, so wild, so much raw beauty and nature.

So far, this trip has been more than I ever dreamed.  And next, we head to the South Pacific.

No comments:

Post a Comment