Friday, August 13, 2010

I Got THE Call


Yesterday was a great day. I got THE call from the Placement office telling me that an invitation letter is in the mail, offering me an assignment in the Pacific Islands, teaching primary school, beginning in early October. I'm guessing Tonga.

The day was made even better because I had a full day scheduled with friends, so was able to share my news and excitement. I was having coffee with a good friend when I got the call. Then was off to lunch with friends who really empathize since they're in the process of relocating across the country and have a lot of balls in the air. Then off to dinner with more friends who understand how much this means to me.

In between, called my Boston buddy who immediately started checking flights so she can come down and help me celebrate and pack. Amazing, since she was just here and spent several days listening to me drone on constantly about the Peace Corps.

Great news, celebrated with good friends. It absolutely could not have been a better day.

No comments:

Post a Comment