Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Nightmare About Samoa


In my dreams last night I was in Samoa. It was beautiful and the people were wonderful. The nightmare was that I was the only one who couldn't speak a word of Samoan. I was trying to say "thank you" in Samoan. I couldn't. The experienced volunteers kept laughing and saying "It's easy! Just string together a bunch of vowels and toss in some random consonants and glottal stops."

When I got up this morning, I hit Google. Here's how to say "thank you" in Samoan. "fa'afetai".

I'm going to practice.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nancy!
    I just wanted to introduce myself. I saw that you are serving in Samoa, and I am too! I just got my invitation the other day and I am so excited. I really look forward to meeting you in person. :-)

    ReplyDelete