Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Going Home



After our Close of Service Conference last week, along with preparations to assist in training the soon-to-arrive new volunteers, I'm torn between Samoa and Florida.  I suspect the feelings will linger until I get on the plane in November...and after.  I live on a beautiful lagoon in Samoa and know I'll miss the water, so will be staying on a barrier island in Florida for awhile.  Here's the view of JB's Fishcamp, one of my favorite restaurants.  You can dock your boat here and stroll to the ultra-casual restaurant for fresh seafood and cold beer.  Along with amazing sunset views over the inter-coastal waterway.  Usually a pod of dolphins comes to feed near the dock at this time of day.  If only they served Vailima.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I've been checking your page everyday to see if you had posted anything further since your "paragraphs" piece. And this morning, there are 7 posts! But 7 posts about getting ready to leave :( ...

    It's been an awesome time reading your blog. As a Samoan in NZ I appreciate all the hard work you and the other PCV's have put into helping my people back in Samoa.

    Please post up any future blog addresses if you continue blogging in America.

    Soifua ia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading! Since our COS conference I've been in Apia - with access to internet and time to write. Guess it's obvious where my head is, but trust me, next week I'll be talking again about the kids and life in the village. I do plan to keep blogging on this address...hope you'll keep reading!

    ReplyDelete