Thursday, September 30, 2010

Samoa Obsessed

Ever sat in a cube, dreaming of living here? I did.

With only a few days to go before heading to L. A., then on to Apia, Samoa, I'm so ready.  And so not ready.  Lots of details to take care of.  Paperwork, selling my car, trying to pack the proverbial 489 lbs of stuff into a five pound bag.

I was at the attorney's office yesterday.  We were talking about my lack of sleep, caused by waking up every 45 minutes to try to remember if I packed "blank", which I know I just couldn't live without.  Or, did I do "whatever"?  "Blank" can be anything, and the reality is, I could leave with the clothes on my back and would get along just fine.  And as to all the stuff to be done, it will happen.

My attorney told me about the saying "don't rent space in your head to someone else".  My problem isn't so much someone else.  It seems I've subletted a sizable portion of my brain to my worrying self.  So at three a.m. this morning, when I sat up in bed fretting about something inconsequential, I evicted myself.  My brain calmed right down and I drifted into a dream in which I arrived in Apia with suitcases packed only with Oil of Olay.  Whatever.

2 comments:

  1. ahahah it seems we are all goign through similar dilemas! and hey at least you wil l have really hydrated skin ahah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah - should compensate for the wrinkles!

    ReplyDelete