Thursday, September 9, 2010

Travel Orders Received to Samoa

I had a moment last night. Had to take a deep breath after reading the email that contained the specifics of my departure for Samoa. It's happening faster than expected. Registration is on October 4 in Los Angeles and we depart for Samoa the night of October 5, after a day of briefings.

The good news is that the way I'm interpreting the information, we do get to take two checked bags and one carry on. Weight limit is 80 lbs for checked bags. Air New Zealand will only allow 1 checked bag but we'll be reimbursed for the second bag.

The garage sale prep is well underway and the house is starting to look empty. Except for the garage, which is bulging. Yesterday, it was hard. I'm selling cookbooks that I've collected for thirty years. Today, I'm picking out just the ones that mean the most to me and am cheerfully chucking the rest into boxes. About 20 boxes. Of cookbooks. Nobody needs that many cookbooks.

Now I just have to change the dates the movers will be here to pack up everything else.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck nancy! Im sure it was hard put those memories aside but just think how many new recipes you are going to learn!

    ReplyDelete