Saturday, March 12, 2011

Housing...

I just wrote a brilliant entry, filled with humor, pathos and deep insights.  Then the computer crashed.  That's been my last 48 hours.  So, here's the Reader's Digest version:

I shopped in the morning, very excited about moving.  After some delays we packed all my junk into the "old" family's pick up.  It filled the bed of the truck and part of the back seat.  When we arrived at the new house, they were still working on it.  We moved all my junk into an open fale.

After talking to PC and the homeowners, I am now in a hotel.  At least until Monday.  The family is working hard on the new house but there were issues.  The window frames were the wrong size.  The electicity was out yesterday.  Noone told me.

I'm frustrated.  I envisioned a dinner of green chiles, cheese and homemade tortillas in the privacy of my own home.  Instead I had a lovely dinner of fish and chips, looking out at the ocean.  Coincidentally, one of the employees is the dad of two of my students at the school.  Talking to him was a good reminder of why I'm here.

I saw a news report tonight about Japan.  It is tragic and helps put things in perspective.  I'm fine, safe and hope my stuff is, too.  If it's not, there's always other stuff.  Right now, there's a three year old trying to get my attention.  I sense some Hokey Pokey coming.

4 comments:

  1. You manage to stay amazingly positive about all this, at least in your blog, when it actuality, it must be hard for a woman used to living alone to be in such constant proximity. But it seems you have many times put yourself outside of your comfort zone in your life, and you can roll with the punches. It takes some internal fortitude, and a high threshold before frustration kicks in...salud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So even a tsunami could not stop you from moving in to the new house. I want to see a picture of the frigerator that can be lifted by a woman!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sister Mary MargaretMarch 13, 2011 at 3:38 PM

    So glad you are in your house! and that you weathered the storm. You are an amazing woman!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this us too weird.....this is my river....barry

    ReplyDelete