Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Rating System

Life’s full of ups and downs and I thought I’d track how things are going for me on a weekly basis.  Sort of like in Diary of Bridget Jones.  Except instead of going by cigarettes smoked and pounds gained or lost, I’m going local, with coconuts.  Or, as we call ‘em here, popo.  Here’s the scale:
5 popo:  A stellar week.  All things large and small went well and you’d have to drag me out of Samoa by my thin white-girl hair.
4 popo:  A good week.  The big stuff is good and most of the little stuff went my way. 
3 popo:  Not a bad week, but not a good week either.  Average.  And I’m not a fan of average.  Think about it.  People complain that’s life’s a roller coaster, with dizzying ups and downs.  But would you pay to ride a roller coaster that was straight and level? 
2 popo:  A week that I wouldn’t want to relive.  Small things annoyingly bad and some big stuff not aligned.
1 popo:  Tell the renters living in my house that if I have a couple more weeks like this they better pack up, because I’ll be coming home.  A one popo week means things are seriously bad and I can’t find the humor in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment