Thursday, May 19, 2011

Photos!

Here are some photos for Early Service Conference, held in Apia. We've just finished our first term of teaching and are talking about what worked/didn't and getting ideas for next term. We're also going to be talking about PC paperwork and reporting (that should be fascinating) and projects.

I apologize that my camera seems to be succumbing to the humidity and quality isn't what it used to be.

I had dinner with "my boys" last night.  From L to R - Devon (Tevi), Danny (Elu), Mike (Mika).  The pizza was great and the company was wonderful.
I was excited to take a picture of my new black shoes, which are identical to my favorite blue shoes.  With the flash I realized that once again I was wearing different colored shoes.  I need a keeper.  BTW - you may think these look like shoes you'd wear to the beach.  They are my dress shoes.  Casual shoes means barefoot.
Our conference room is upstairs over this large store, filled with items typical of what we can buy here.  All made in China.  All very poor quality.
Air conditioner is our conference room.  Same as in hotel room.  Why don't we have these in the States?  They only cool the room you're in.  They do it fast, quietly and relatively inexpensively.  They are used a lot in Latin America.  Can you buy them in the States?  Beats a window air conditioner by far.
Nap time or group work?  Sometimes it's hard to tell the difference.
 Good looking Samoan PC staffer.  Had to wear a dress for a skit.  The things you have to do for a paycheck.
 The rest of the admin team in the skit.  Denise, one of my best buddies, is in the bicycle helmet.  That's padding she wearing, not fat.  This is our admin team.
 The hotel graciously put a (misspelled) sign up to welcome us.  It's the thought that counts. The rooms are very nice and the lunches have been excellent. 
 I did an energizer where teams of three had to depict a letter of the alphabet.  Tevi, Pat and Sa'u are a "Y".

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Nancy,
    It is good to see my smiling Minnesota Viking son on your blog - it's as close as I get. I appreciate you sneaking in a little mothering:)
    By the way I think you are hilarious; I love reading your blogs; and sign me up to buy an advance copy of your book! You deserve much more than a box of mac and cheese from me!
    Danny's mom

    ReplyDelete