Saturday, October 8, 2011

Teachers' Day

Teachers' Day is an annual event and it was last Wednesday.  I'll be writing about it, but in the meantime...photos!

It was o'dark early when we started.  Luckily, my two young host brothers came to get me, since I'm not allowed to walk outside alone in the dark.

Sunrise as we approached the Tuisivi hospital was nice.  Half the students walked from each end of the village.  I live in the middle so got to walk over 2 miles.

Kids brought posters and sang as we walked to the school.  The goal was to get the attention of parents and others in the village, so they'd bring us cash.  That's the main hospital on the island in the background, toward the left.

The sun heated up quickly as we walked.  The two straight lines became...less straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment