Saturday, February 10, 2024

Friday, February 9, At Sea

 I have a routine on sea days.  My day usually starts early, between 5 and 6 a.m. with checking on the world - news and messages from home.  Sometimes a video call.  And, depending on the weather, time on the balcony.  Next is breakfast with Jolanda in the MDR at 8.  I generally have oatmeal or yogurt with some granola or muesli.  Sometimes with juice.  Sometimes with coffee.  Pretty much what I would have at home.

Next, I walk.  Since the weather has improved significantly since we left Hawaii, I've been enjoying walking outside on deck 3.  I'm getting over my fear of breaking my leg but I'm still very cautious.  I also still walk inside.  Don't get excited.  I'm still a slug, averaging between 6,000 - 8,000 steps a day, typically.


Since I assume you're tired of my photos of oatmeal, here's the Gallery Bar.  No views but sports on tvs around the room


Did I mention the great weather.  Highs around 80 with a light breeze




I love sunsets.


We had another Block Party.  They play music on the ship's loudspeakers and staff roam the halls with wine and champagne.  Passengers bring a glass from their cabins and hang out in the hall.  Captain and officers roam the hallways, chatting as they go.  Not surprisingly, the offer of unlimited free champagne brings out a lot of people.  I found this scenario on my way to dinner, after the party

Too many good dinner choices tonight!  I skipped the apps and went for 1/2 orders of two entrees.  This is the lamb shank.  OMG.  Marinated in red wine overnight, seared then braised.  So tender and delicious.

I love fish and it is so stinking expensive at home.  I'm taking full advantage here.  This ono was served with shrimp, mussels, clams and risotto.  Surf and turf.  Amazingly good

Lunch was a salad in my cabin, with a view

Dessert at dinner was a chocolate cupcake with carmelized popcorn

This is the Canaletto.  Part of the Lido during the day, it's transformed into an Italian restaurant featuring shared plates in the evening.  And features great views

Sunset from the promenade deck 

Ok, I might as well confess.  I went up to the Sea View Pool to watch the sunset.  I was bummed because it was a bit cloudy and the sky didn't look promising for a great sunset.  After about five minutes I realized we were heading almost due west.  So looking east for the sunset probably wasn't going to work.  Yeah, I have a Master's Degree.  But not in geography!


















No comments:

Post a Comment