Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Thursday, February 22 - At Sea

 Ah, what a great day.  I woke up early to calm seas, before sunrise.  About 6 a.m. I heard Rony going into to his supply closet across from my cabin.  Of course that made me think I had a chance to scare him.  First, I thought I'd just stand in my doorway.  But then I got the brilliant idea to stand in the hall, just to one side of the door to his closet.

I could hear him inside.  Did I mention I was wearing a robe, fuzzy slippers and hadn't brushed my hair?  I waited.  And waited.  Patiently, trying not to giggle.  After a few minutes, Rony stepped into the hallway, saw me and screamed.  Which must have surprised his fiance who was on a video call with him.  I'd love to have heard him explain why the old lady passenger was lurking in the hall at 6 a.m. just to scare him.  While cackling like a maniac.  I was just glad a passenger didn't come around the corner.    What a fabulous way to start the day!  Of course, now I peek around every corner and am high alert because Rony swore revenge.  

Next was breakfast.  I've thrown all dietary caution to the winds for the last week so got a breakfast special which was Bread Pudding French Toast with a vanilla sauce.  And, what the heck, a huge side of bacon.

Later I got my butt kicked by Jolanda in cards.  In between, I did some walking.

I ran into Sam and Lily, the couple from the Ukraine (now from MA/FL) and joined them for lunch in the Lido where we strategized about possibly sharing a cab again in Naha.

Then back to my cabin to watch for whales.  I didn't see whales but enjoyed the balcony and cookies so I'm happy.

Dinner was not my favorite meal but still good.  Not complaining, mind you.  Someone else cooked it and served me and cleaned up.  

I headed back to my cabin and had a fabulous opportunity.  Mario and Rony were chatting with passengers at the other end of the hall.  And, left their supply closet door open.  Silly men.  I patiently stood in the doorway and after a few minutes, Rony came in and I scared the bejeebers out of him.  I'm going to miss this game - that he started.  He will no doubt throw a party when I get off.

Photos!

While I'm enjoying time at sea, Buddy is hard at work with his new pal Winston.  Buddy is hogging Winston's bed in Winston's daddy's office

Dante stopped by at breakfast.  He's supposed to leave for vacation on Feb 28 but that may be postponed for a month

A decadent and delicious breakfast of bacon and bread pudding French toast with vanilla sauce.  What a brilliant idea for leftover bread pudding.  Which is made of leftover bread


They brought jam, butter and syrup for the French toast but it was great without

I went for a walk on deck 10 today.  This is looking down on the Sea View pool, aft.  What a glorious day with calm seas and temps in the low 80's


The only crowds I've seen have been at happy hour and Cake Day in the Lido





This is The Retreat.  You can have a private cabana with waiter service.  For a price.  I don't get the appeal, personally.  I just hang out on my balcony



There are a few cabins on deck 10.  Some have balconies.  All have access to walking outside and the Crow's Nest.  The downside is they are at the front of the ship and during rough seas that we've had several times, crossing the Pacific, there is a LOT of motion

Jan works in the Crow's Nest, making fancy coffees.  Jan is a savant.  She remembers not just everyone's name but also their coffee preferences.  She is always smiling 

This is the big sign in front of the elevator near my cabin.  I'm here multiple times every day.  I have not gotten stuck in an elevator on this cruise.  I can't say that about other HAL cruises.  I have bad elevator karma.  Have I told you the story about the time I got stuck in an elevator in a Holiday Inn in Jamestown New York?  During the Super Bowl?  Or the time I got stuck in an elevator in a bank where I worked?  On a Sunday morning?  When I was the only person at the bank.  

My cabin is 4133.  It is the last one on the right.  The door on the left is the Cabin Stewards closet.  This is where I stood this morning to scare Rony

Wildlife!  Japanese bug?  Came on board in the Amazon?

Sunrise wasn't quite as spectacular this morning.  But it was still sunrise


Meftah, one of the guys who brings me breakfast

The Juice Man!

Tony from West New York who brings the pastries (and a smile) every morning

Coconut shrimp appetizer

Mustard coated tuna with soy corn and onion rings for a main

This was described as a mango, yuzu strawberry shortcake.  Not at all what I expected but a light, tasty dessert.  One of my favorites on the ship so far

I missed sunset but got this shot of the moon and sky from my balcony


No comments:

Post a Comment