Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Wednesday, February 14 - At Sea - Valentine's Day

 Have I mentioned that I think I could happily just live onboard, at sea?  Being waited on, spoiled and fed like a pampered princess?  Today was day four of eight sea days and I'd love for them to just continue.

My day started as usual, with breakfast with Jolanda in the MDR.  Oatmeal!  Boring, but I'd prefer to save my calories for desserts, later in the day.

At 10:30 I had a date with a young lady in the Crow's Nest for a manicure.  She's not an employee but a guest.  She's in the 10th grade and traveling with her sisters and mom.  She was also on last year's world cruise.  She got a nail kit for Christmas a few years ago because she enjoys doing nails.  She tried to turn it into a business but the small town she's from couldn't support the fledgling nail business.  So she's working for tips on the cruise.  I had a great time chatting with her and her sister, who's in the 8th grade.  My nails look fabulous.

The rest of the day I spent mostly just relaxing and watching the sea.  And eating, of course.  It is another formal night since it's Valentine's Day.  The ship is making a BIG DEAL out of Valentine's Day.  Not a day I usually celebrated even when I had a man in my life.  And didn't we just have dressy night a couple of days ago?  I decided last night to pass on the formal dinner.  Instead, I'm enjoying escargot and duck a l'orange in my cabin.  Perfect.  Happy Valentine's Day, a day ahead, to those who celebrate.

Photos!

The day started calm and partly cloudy but the Captain advised us we were heading into a low pressure system or high pressure or some kinda pressure.  I'm meteorologically illiterate.  Anyway, he said we could expect some rain and rougher seas but not as bad as before Hawaii.  His prediction was correct.

I brought lunch down from the Lido.  It's quiet in my cabin and has a view.  And I'm part hermit.  Lunch was a small salad, topped with shrimp and a meatball sub.  I skipped the bread

Remember reading about Roni (cabin steward) and I trying to scare each other?  He was distracted yesterday and I got him twice.  It was fabulous (for me!)  This morning I said hello to him and his partner Mario.  Then started my normal walk.  As I looped back around on the opposite side of the ship, Roni was lying in wait and scared the living crap out of me.  He giggled like a little kid.  I had palpitations.  Dang.  Gotta get him back tomorrow!  



And then the rain came

And went




I went down to deck three for sunset but there were too many clouds.  Still beautiful


The door was open to the crew area, near the main theater.  


Not quite as plush as passenger areas but spotlessly clean


No comments:

Post a Comment