Sunday, February 4, 2024

Sunday, February 4 - At Sea

 Still at sea, with rougher seas today.  12-15 foot swells, with wind.  Makes for great sleeping but a bit challenging to walk.  I can't even imagine what it is like to do all the cooking.

Some Americans think we have lax immigration laws.  As a frequent traveler, I'd argue that isn't true and here's an example.  I've been to several countries on this trip.  Immigration was handled by the ship's crew.  Not for the USA.  Because we're going to be docking in Hawaii on Tuesday, the ship had to return our passports today so that on Tuesday, each passenger will have an in-person interview with immigration officials before the ship can be cleared.  Thankfully, getting our passports back was quick and easy.  I'm hoping getting through immigration will be as easy, although based on previous experience, it will involve standing in long lines.

Jolanda isn't feeling well.  She took a Covid test this morning (negative) but we decided to cancel our helicopter trip in Kona.  I'm still hoping to get in a helicopter ride and will have several opportunities, so not too disappointed.  And it saves me a bunch of money.  And, BTW, Jolanda was feeling well enough to beat me in Skip Bo today.

Today's big event was Sunday brunch.  So much delicious food!

Photos!

Because we set our clocks back, I woke up to pitch black at 5 a.m.  I took this about 7:30.  It took both hands to open the door to the balcony because the wind was so strong



You didn't expect me to not eat until brunch?  Please!  Cheese, salmon and a corn muffin at 7:30.  What do you call the course before brunch?

More fresh flowers from Antoine

Brunch!  Small portions of deviled egg, cheddar cheese, brie with fig jam, dried Italian meat and yogurt and granola

Course two: biscuit and gravy; pancakes; mini quiche with bacon and sausage; beef Wellington, shrimp and broccoli

Dessert - apple strudel; chocolate mousse cake and caramel flan

We're still in the middle of nowhere but getting closer to Hawaii

No rain, partly cloudy and cool with lots of wind and rough seas.  The Captain said we'll have rougher seas tonight but it will get better as we get closer to Kona

Still photos don't show how rough it is.  Gale force winds with 14 foot seas.  Yeehaw!


I felt like a quiet dinner alone in my jammies, so got room service.  This is a beef panini.  I left most of the bread but the filling was great.  Sadly, I also left most of the chips

I love the optimism that they thought two of us were eating one sandwich and two cookies.  When I ordered, they asked how many cookies I wanted.  I said two.  I wanted more

No comments:

Post a Comment