Saturday, February 10, 2024

Saturday, February 10, At Sea-Lunar New Year

 

The crew does a great job of keeping everyone entertained at sea.  There are a lot of activities, including arts and crafts, painting, bridge, Majong, lectures, movies, etc., etc.  

I don't do any of that.  I eat, walk, play Skip Bo with Jolanda and have random conversations.  And mostly, I hang out on my balcony.  Reading, drawing and watching the ocean.  And star gazing.  NOTE TO HAL:  Please offer 2 week cruises to nowhere out of Ft. Lauderdale.  I'd be your best customer, I promise!

Today was special because we were celebrating the Chinese Lunar New Year.  The ship was decorated with red lanterns and we had special menus.  I love sea days.  Crew works harder on sea days.

I apologize that these photos are in reverse order.  I swear, it is not my fault.  Then again it took me five minutes to realize the sun doesn't set in the east.  I hope you enjoy anyway.

Photos!


Creme Brulee for dessert.  Because I LOVE it.  And when was the last time you had it?  Hard to find in restaurants and I'm too lazy to make at home

It was a Chinese themed dinner with the world's largest fortune cookies from Hawaii

My main was Peking Duck with a bao filled with more duck.  I didn't lick my plate but would have if I'd been alone.  This is a 1/2 portion, btw, but still a lot of food

My starter was "steamed dim sum".  Pork shu mai and a shrimp thing.  With dipping sauces.  One of the best dinners of the cruise.  Tied with last night's lamb shank

It was dressy night so I got sparkly.  I weighed myself and am still under my weight when I left home, even after all the great food

I walked on deck before sunset.  The towels are to use like blankets when you sit on the deck chairs.  

I'm not sure what the rope is tied to but left it as it was








This is the promenade deck on deck 3 in the front of the ship

Lunch was decadent.  Cheeseburger from the Dive In, chips from the Lido and HAL's famous bread pudding.  And a view.  Along with a diet sprite because I like to watch my calorie intake, lol

The weather is perfect

Whether you want to sit inside or out there are always lots of places, even if you have an inside cabin

Nora sent me this.  Going home to this goober is going to make it easier to get off the ship


I quit drinking last year but thought you might be interested in some of the wines available



One elevator was down for a day.  The ice machine in the Lido has been down since we boarded. The ice machine on the Amsterdam in 2020 was broken for two months.  What's up with ice machines, HAL?
 

The breakfast special was shakshuka with poached eggs.  Tasty!

Antoine does a great job on the fresh flowers around the ship




No comments:

Post a Comment