Saturday, January 22, 2011

It's a Sign of the Times

I've always enjoyed signs. I annoy people in the car with me because I read them while cruising down the road.

I thought you might enjoy a few signs I've seen in Samoa:

In English, this means "Good Taro - $15.00"  Apparently, that's different than Talo Leanga - Bad Taro

Reminds me of Thailand where you could book a tour, buy a hammer or a wedding dress.  I was surprised to see a liquor department in an appliance store.  And karaoke??


The only kind of snow you'll see in Samoa.  This is in Apia.  I have the luxury of drinking something cold about once a week when I go to town and splurge.  Ice?  Haven't seen it in a month.
We love our volleyball in Samoa!

Heaven help me, I may resort to this when I return to Apia.  

The green "Reload Here" sign let's me know they can "top up" my cell phone.  Seki a Digicell!

These were over the driver on the bus I took last week.  Hard to argue.

1 comment:

  1. A refreshing perspective and an engaging way of presenting a smack of reality when reporting on 'paradise.'

    Your spirit shows through as we get a good view of your world.

    ReplyDelete