Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I've Got Mail!

I forgot to mention in the previous post that I received mail yesterday.  It was the first time in a month.  I have the best friends in the world.  Three of us sat in the lounge in the PC office and it was like Christmas morning.  We'd all gotten packages.  I got a huge package from Kia and Michael.  It had a motherlode of school supplies, the world's largest bag of Skittles, M&M's and enough Crystal Lite to keep me happy for months.  Also, wonderful photos.  D - your exercise program is really working - you look great.  Thanks, guys.  I really appreciate it.   Kia, this does not mean that I'll stop flirting with your husband.  Poolboy is all mine!

I got a small package from Nan, stuffed full of wonderfulness.   Stickers, stick on alphabet, photos, two excellent stories that she wrote and illustrated.  They'll be perfect for teaching English.  The best part of that package was the Lindt dark chocolate bar with chile.  Yum. 

Ralph and Mary Lou sent some of the stuff I tried to pack but had to jettison due to weight restrictions on the luggage I could bring here, along with some special treats they included.  The best thing is the crystal.  My mom always had a crystal hanging in her kitchen window.  I've had one for years.  When the light hits it it throws rainbows around the room.  It makes me smile and I think of my mom every time I look at it.  Ralph and ML have one in their kitchen window.  Each of their daughters has a crystal in their homes.  It makes me happy to know that my mom, Evelyn, lives on, even though she passed away in 1983.  The new crystal will hang in the window over the bathroom sink in the area I'm making into a kitchen.  Mom would love it.

Donna - thanks for the Nyquil and Tylenol PM.  They use Panadol here for colds.  Good for headaches, doesn't due a thing to help a cold.  I've had two since I've been here.  Lots of reasons, including added stress of life in a new country.  This is will be helpful.  Thanks!

And, special thanks to Granny T for the crosswords.  I've still got a lot of free time on my hands and the puzzles help keep me happy and keep my brain from molding.

Yesterday and today there were a lot of our group in the office.  All with mail, many with packages.  You have no idea how it lifts the spirits to get something from home.  A photo, news, no matter how old and goodies are so much appreciated and remind us that the people we miss so much are missing and loving us.

Thanks to the best friends in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment