Thursday, October 11, 2012

Group 84

Isn't ironic that now that I have internet access to post photos, I have no time. But, a quick update for any parents and friends of the newest group of trainees in Samoa. I did a team building session with the group yesterday and they seemed enthusiastic and excited. Aside from one stuffy nose, they all seem to be in good health. They are currently in the "forming" stage of team development which means they love each other and everything they're experiencing. Last night, two other volunteers and I hosted Women's Night. A time to eat, talk and scare the crap out of the new folks.That wasn't our intent, but as we described some of the realities of life here we began to see "deer in the headlights" looks. Hopefully they also took in all the good stuff about Samoa we were saying. They all showed up again for training this morning, so that's a good sign. They're off to the training village tomorrow. I'll be joining them Monday. I'm looking forward to getting to know them and helping them navigate the first couple of weeks in their first village.

1 comment:

  1. Thank You for the update on group 84. My granddaughter Kiri is in that group. I have been reading and really enjoying your blog ever since she told me about it. I admire what you have done over there and am excited to have Kiri share her life over there with us too.
    Maggie Center

    ReplyDelete