Thursday, January 9, 2020

January 5-8, 2020 - Sea Days Tend To Be A Blur

You're probably anxious to hear my every thought and move during those sea days.  Or not.  I'll spare you since there will be about 2 months worth of sea days on this cruise.

Instead, here's a rough overview of how I spend my time at sea.

I get up.  Sometimes early, sometimes as late as 7.  My body, annoyingly, doesn't like to sleep in no matter how late we've been up the night before.

I eat something.  I have options!  Dining room, room service and the Lido, which is a buffet.  My breakfasts so far have been just yogurt and fruit except for the one day when I enjoyed room service eggs, bacon, etc.

I wander around.  One morning I played Uno for a couple of hours with a lovely couple.

I wander around some more.  Inside, outside.  Sometimes I sit and stare at the water.  One of my favorite places for that is the Crow's Nest.  Quiet except for some soft music and an occasional conversation in quiet tones.  Leather chairs with ottomans in front of windows that look out the front of the ship.  Yes, I'm aware there's a nautical term for that but hate to show off.    Mary Lou Basham, I thought of you as I sat and watched the sea and clouds for a couple of hours.

I wander around some more.  Now it's probably time for lunch.  I've been doing that in the Lido but would will probably try the dining room (MDR) tomorrow.  Lunch tends to be light, since I also enjoy tea at 3.

Then I wander.  Sometimes I enjoy a cocktail at the 4:30 happy hour along with the hot hors d'oeuvres that they hand out.  Just like at home.

Then I wander.  Throughout the day and into the evening there is live music around the ship, ranging from dance music, oldies and classical.  So
Yesterday I went to the Wajang theatre for a movie.  Movie seats, very comfy and the movie "Blinded By the Light" was great.  But I have a complaint.  I was told they offered popcorn.  No one brought me any.  As I left, I saw theater style boxes of popcorn.  They expected me to pick it up and carry it to my seat????  The decline in service is appalling.  (For those of you who don't know me, that was sarcasm).

After a day of wandering, I either skip dinner or head to the Lido.  I'll be doing the MDR too, but just haven't gotten there yet.  The Lido serves the same menu as the MDR, including surf and turf, which is nice.

There are shows available.

No comments:

Post a Comment