Monday, March 19, 2012

Who Let the Horse Out?

Forgot to mention in the last post that my neighbor and I enjoyed some interesting animal antics on our bus ride home. 

First was a horse that had been tethered to a palagi style (with walls) house.  The horse seemed to agree that it was too hot out today so had gone to the end of his rope to stand inside an open fale.  I was looking and laughing - looked at my neighbor and she just laughed and shrugged.

A few minutes later we were both looking out the window when the bus stopped to let a guy off.  In the yard was a large dog, flat on his back, legs sprawled out, sound asleep.  He looked very comfortable.  And funny.

It's always clear when I'm getting close to my village on the bus.  Almost every kid on the street waves and yells as I go by.  I'll miss the fame.

It's the small things that make me smile in Samoa.

No comments:

Post a Comment