Saturday, January 6, 2024

Saturday January 6, 2024

 I'm feeling very lazy so slept in, skipped the dining room and ordered room service.  I ordered breakfast at 8:40 a.m. it was delivered at 8:52.  Breakfast with a view. Could it get any better? 

Room service is available 24/7 with no upcharge. They sent two cups and sets of silverware. Bless their hearts for being so optimistic about my love life.

Breakfast was fast and hot. So many inappropriate jokes spring to mind. 

I'm saving the OJ for later. I like to mix it with club soda.  I like the little jar.

Since I'm talking about food, here's dinner last night. Jolanda ordered two appetizers and dumped them on the same plate. Caesar salad and Thai beef with pickled papaya. She raved about the beef.

I knew better but ordered the Chile relleno. Not awful but I'll skip Mexican food on-board. Asian and Indian is excellent but they still haven't quite figured out the Mexican food, IMHO. Then again, neither has anybody in Florida.  I'm from Tucson Arizona and have high expectations. 

A bit windy on the balcony for breakfast but the view does not suck. 80/27 at 9a.m. I figure it's about a 2 on the Beaufort scale. I learned about the Beaufort wind scale at a lecture on the Amsterdam in Antarctica on the ill-fated 2020 world cruise.  Of all the things I've learned in life I'm not sure why I'm so intrigued with the damn Beaufort scale. 
I've been a bit under the weather so stayed in my cabin today. My room service dinner was a Cobb salad and chocolate cake 

They only serve this cake in room service. It is the best cake they have, I think

1 comment:

  1. Love following along on your food tour! Just had hail blow through Placerville, but Rita is making gnocchi so we feel cozy.

    ReplyDelete