Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Tuesday January 16 Santarem Brazil

 Sigh, we lost another hour last night.  And, for no particular reason I didn't sleep well.  This morning I had my yogurt for breakfast, took a walk, read for a bit in the sun and now am going to take a nap.  But first - photos!  Captions to follow.

My wake-up view

I get off the ship in Tokyo but those doing the whole cruise are concerned about what will happen as they approach the Red Sea

We anchored off Santarem.  These boats were used as tenders.  Because I fear another broken leg, I only take tenders when there's something I really want to see.  Since this stop involved both a tender and a bus to get to town, I stayed happily on the ship

Ah, they remembered I like artificial sweetner.  The crew takes pride in remembering habits and preferences.  I really appreciate their service and attention to detail

Music to shower by.  I'm ironically blasting Amazon Music on my mini-speaker

Breakfast was yogurt with passion fruit, chia seeds and granola.  What I wanted was the Belgian waffle with Nutella and whipped cream.  But I didn't want to have to walk it off

He does the beautiful flower arrangements

What an excellent surprise!  When I arrived back at my cabin, Jolanda had arranged to have a set of the Delft bread plates that I keep threatening to steal delivered to my cabin

I'm not sure what happened but it involved a lot of crew.  This was on deck 8, where most of the suites are


How to you make a gown of bronze?

Lunch in my cabin was greens topped with shrimp salad

What the heck are these containers?  That's Santarem in the background.  This was the longest barge I think I've ever seen

This is one of the bread plates.  Each of the four is a slightly different pattern and each has a HAL log hidden on it




I enjoyed this beautiful sunset from my balcony before I headed down to my typical 7 p.m. dinner in the MDR


I opted for the Traditional English Roast beef with cauliflower, carrots, potatoes and a tasty Yorkshire pudding 

For dessert, a very good Creme Brulee. I love being able to get meals like this that I am too lazy to make at home.  And I don't know of any restaurants near me that offer this on the menu


No comments:

Post a Comment