Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Wednesday, January 31 - At Sea

 We're in the Pacific Ocean, heading west and slightly north, to Kona, Hawaii.  Then Hilo and Honolulu.  Seas are calm with lots of birds and whales.  

Photos!

We got an extra hour of sleep last night so I was up early.  But the sky was dark.  This was about 6:30 a.m.

Once a month we have to have a safety drill

We'll set our clocks back a total of 4 hours as we spend six days cruising to Hawaii

I love this LED candle.  I use them every night at home and brought this one with me

Breakfast was one of my menu favorites.  Quinoa and wild rice, topped with a poached egg and accompanied by miso sauce and raw veggies

On deck five are photos of HAL ships of the past.  This looks like when we cruised into Manhattan in front of the Twin Towers in 2001

Smooth seas and sunny skies.  About 78/26

One of the two pools onboard

Deck 9, aft is a great place to hang out for fresh air, views and a drink.  There's a bar on the other side of the deck

I've successfully avoided the pastry section of the Lido

So many goodies

On the 2020 World Cruise, they had this buffet every Sunday.  This is the first time on this cruise.  I have a reservation!


I'm a fan of this giant painting

I had a healthy lunch so I could enjoy this cheeseburger for lunch



The safety drill took about 15 minutes and was well organized.  Some passengers were very, very cranky about having to do it

I was happy it was fast and we had a view while waiting

Beautiful evening sky with smooth seas

I opted for a lightish dinner in my cabin.  HAL makes the best French Onion soup, something I don't make at home.  And a cheese and fruit plate


No comments:

Post a Comment